Podiatrist and Clinical Director of Podiatry Service
Main areas of interest:
Biomechanics, Orthopodology, Sports Podiatry.
- BSc. in Podology from Escola Superior de Saúde do Vale do Ave.
- Post-Graduation in Management of Health Units from CESPU.
- Master’s in Biomechanics and Orthopodology from the University of Seville.
- Doctorate by the University of Seville within the scope of the Foot and the Locomotive Apparatus
Scientific Societies / Scholarships / Prizes:
- Student Fellow of the Master of Biomechanics and Orthopodology of the University of Seville
- Associate of the Spanish Society of Biomechanics and Orthopodology- (SEBIOR)
- Founding Member and Vice-President of the Portuguese Society for Research and Development of Podiatry- (SPIDP)
- Member of the Editorial Board of the European Journal of Podiatry
- Member of the Portuguese Podiatry Association (APP)
- Speaker at numerous national and international conferences
Professional and Scientific Activity:
- Visiting Professor at Escola Superior de Saúde Ribeiro Sanches, Human Anatomy Curricular Unit
- Researcher at MovLab’s Cybernetic Group and Movement and member of CICANT, Universidade Lusófona
- MovLab collaborator – Laboratory of Interaction and Interfaces Technologies (under a collaboration protocol with the University of Seville).
- Clinical Collaborator of the Clinical Area of Podology at the University of Seville (2008 to 2010).
- Podiatrist and Coordinator of the Podiatry Consultation of Clínica São João de Deus since 2010.
- Podologist and Technical Director of PodoSaúde Sul since 2005.
- Author of the article: “Biomechanics and Clinical Interactions in Podiatry Assessment” published in the British Journal of Medicine and Medicine Research